Saturday, August 13, 2016

Photo Number 2326

This is a photo from thae antique shop in Fergus Falls Minnesota.
Ruth Jonsdahl FF ant
Ruth Jondahl
The photographer was McCracken at 112 Broadway Fargo
This photo is most likely from the 1930’s.
Thanks for stopping by.

Update:
I think this is Ruth Corrine Jondahl Satrom April 15 1918 in North Dakota - July 27, 2000 in Minnesota. Her parents were Ingvald P Jondahl and Alpha R Jondahl. 
Ruth is buried next to her husband Roy Satrom 1917-2004. They were married September 30, 1944 in Fargo ND They farmed near Grandin ND They had six children. 
Ruth is buried at Grandin Cemetery Traill County ND

5 comments:

  1. I think this is Ruth Corrine Jondahl Satrom April 15 1918 in North Dakota - July 27, 2000 in Minnesota. Her parents were Ingvald P Jondahl and Alpha R Jondahl.
    Ruth is buried next to her husband Roy Satrom 1917-2004. They were married September 30, 1944 in Fargo ND They farmed near Grandin ND They had six children.
    Ruth is buried at Grandin Cemetery Traill County ND

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how you smile without smiling! :|
    Jondal is a small town in Hardanger in western Norway. Her surname went from fjords, waterfalls, mountains with a glacier and other exotic geographical features to flat inland prairies. I find it rather facinating to imagine the challenging differences the immigrants might have experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found an address for one of Ruth's Children in Grandin ND and I will mail a copy of the blog to them and see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my grandmother... please email me @ ryanlime@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard from Ryan by email :
    Thanks for reaching out! After speaking with my mother and aunt (daughter's of Ruth), they don't believe that is their mother Ruth. The hand written name is likely incorrect. The location and date of the photo makes sense, which is what made me reach out to you. They were all born and raised in Fargo. Perhaps the names were written on the cards by memory by a worker based on the photos taken at the studio that week or month? Other than that, I'm not sure where they would get the name from.




    I will talk with my family and see what they want to do.




    Thanks,




    Ryan

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie